Translator: EndlessFantasy Translation Editor: EndlessFantasy Translation
Yun Hua City.
Centurial Beach Sanatorium.
Centurial Beach Sanatorium was located at the southern suburbs of Yun Hua City. The back of the sanatorium faced the mountains, and its front faced the sea. There was a gentle stream flowing from the top of the mountain into a small river, and there was also a breakwater blocking the waves with the purpose of protecting the beach.
The sand on the beach had been shipped in from foreign lands. In the early years, the sand came from Beidaihe District. And after the country had money, they started to import Philippine sand before they moved on to buy Macao sand.
The glittering, fine, golden sand spread from one end of Centurial Beach to the other, forming a beach as long as 1.6 miles. With the addition of some loungers and parasols laying around on the beach, it looked like a holiday island used for leisurely purposes for nine months of the year.
1. Breakwater: structures constructed near the coasts as part of coastal management or to protect an anchorage from the effects of both weather and longshore drift.
2. Beidaihe District: is a coastal resort town on northeast China's Bohai Sea. Its long beaches are known for their shallow waters.
3. Banpo: an archaeological site discovered in 1953 and located in the Yellow River Valley just east of Xi'an, China. Archaeological sites with similarities to the first phase at Banpo are considered to be part of the 'Banpo phase' (7th millennium bc) of the Yangshao culture. Banpo was excavated from 1954 to 1957. (Wiki)
4. Manure: animal dung used for fertilizing land.
5. Bargaining unit (in labor relations): is a group of employees with a clear and identifiable community of interests who are represented by a single labor union in collective bargaining and other dealings with management. (Wiki)
More Privileged Chapters
Download the app and become a privileged reader today! Come take a sneak peek at our author's stockpiled chapters!Download
This's an experimental test for reading assistance in case.
We highly recommend you to enjoy the beauty of the original words.