After Lagertha's words, I felt dark before my eyes ... Another child ... will not get rid of them from the house for another twenty years.
- Bogowie... niech to będzie sen... niech to będzie sen... Kurwa. (Ulf)
(Gods ... make this a dream ... make this a dream ... Fuck.)
- Why are you speaking in some strange language and why do you have tears in your eyes? (Lagertha)
- These are blessings in an old language, thanks to the Gods, and tears ... are tears of happiness and joy. I have always dreamed of a big family ... My dear wife, I am happy ... since when are you pregnant? (Ulf)
- Hild is the pregnant, not me. (Lagertha)
Why is this happening to me, Lagerta already had three children and was not as tight as she used to be and one more would not change anything, but Hild only had Bjorn so far ... Children spoil everything... I have to think rationally ... it's not my fault that they get pregnant, they just can't resist my charm ...
- What are you thinking about? (Lagertha)
- About the vasectomy ... (Ulf)
- What? What is this? I haven't heard of anything like this. (Lagertha)
- Why didn't Hild tell me about it, only you did? Was she afraid I would be angry or something like that? (Ulf)
- She is still a slave ... (Lagetha)
- Never mind ... I think I need to take a walk and breathe some fresh air. (Ulf)
I went to the seashore, sat on a rock ... however, it did not help much. It was the end of March, the weather didn't encourage it, but I decided to go swimming anyway, I had to cool my head ...
I have never been a good father material, and although I have noticed myself that after so many years of life, I have changed in many ways. I stopped visiting brothels and drank a lot less, but the approach to the children did not change.
Of course I spent a lot of time with Yrsa, and recently even Arne and Revna, but when we sailed to England or Spain, I didn't even think about them once... However it was comforting, that I was not such a bad father as Ragnar, but not the serial one, but the one from the sagas. When his sons Erik and Agnar grew up and wanted to become famous, they decided that they would fight on the side of some King or Jarl in Sweden, Ragnar being jealous that his sons would be more famous than him, he joined his sons' enemies... I wasn't that hungry for fame.
A dozen or so minutes later I had to get out of the water ... because my skin color was beginning to resemble teletubbies ... the gay one... I rubbed the snow on my body, got dressed and ripped on my way home ... Hild was pregnant and there was nothing I could do about it, I just have to accept it.
(Charlemagne / Chamberlain Adalgis POV)
- Lord, several of our border settlements have been invaded. People were taken prisoner or crucified, churches were burned ... (Chamberlain Adalgis)
- Saxons ?! (Charlemagne)
- No, Lord. Arabs. Our soldiers managed to catch a few prisoners, then they were subjected to torutor and we do not know if they were lying or if they were crazy. We don't understand much from their testimony. (Chamberlain Adalgis)
- What do you mean? (Charlemagne)
- Apparently our troops attacked them first. We conquered the city of Pamplona, we burned the mosque with it the followers of Allah inside. In addition, several other settlements were also destroyed. (Chamberlain Adalgis)
- The unfaithful dogs lie to find a new reason for war. (Charlemagne)
- Lord, we don't know if they're lying. Their testimony does not make sense because our army did not make this attack ... but our spies confirmed that Pamplona was conquered. The Arabs tried to take her back but failed the first time. (Chamberlain Adalgis)
- I don't understand any of this. Then who captured this city? (Charlemagne)
- Gilles de Rais who claimed to be an officer in your army, Lord. However, there is no such person in the army, the name is made up. (Chamberlain Adalgis)
- I still don't see the point in it ... tell me what we know and how we know it. Perhaps the Arabs are trying to mislead us. (Charlemagne)
- We know some things from prisoners, some from spies, and some from the people of Pamplona. After the fall of the city, the Arabs tried to get it back from the hands of Christians. Their first attempt failed, but the second time they completely destroyed the city. More than a dozen people escaped, including the local parish priest. (Chamberlain Adalgis)
- So our information comes from various sources ... A person named Gilles de Rais seized Pamplona from the Arabs and destroyed several smaller settlements. He claimed to be an officer in my army, although no one with such a name exists, what could be the reason? (Charlemagne)
- Yes, Lord. Perhaps he is using a false name to protect his family, or perhaps he pretends to be an officer in your army to help recruit people. His motives are unknown ... there are still miracles that he allegedly performed. (Chamberlain Adalgis)
- Miracles? (Charlemagne)
- Witnesses say that he healed a mortally wounded soldier by touching and praying and turned the sand into water. (Chamberlain Adalgis)
- The farther into the forest, the more trees ... Let the Bishop talk to the priest who escaped, and send a message to Rome. Let our spies question about this fake officer, someone must know something. (Charlemagne)
- What about the attacks of the Arabs? (Chamberlain Adalgis)
- Strengthen our garrisons on the border, in retaliation they can attack several settlements. (Charlemagne)
More Privileged Chapters
Download the app and become a privileged reader today! Come take a sneak peek at our author's stockpiled chapters!Download
This's an experimental test for reading assistance in case.
We highly recommend you to enjoy the beauty of the original words.