Read up to ch104, and it has a pretty decent start, interesting world, and somewhat cool cheat. Yet the writing and MC that are OK in the beginning quickly turn to carp.
The good / decent:
1. The side characters can be pretty funny and interesting.
2. The world and skill system themselves are OK-ish, but doesn't always fit with the "gene" thing.
1. a lot of "that person" when the villain is talking to some guy. Wooooo, so ominous.
2. Bunch of 'deus ex machina' where MC gets saved by something he did 'off screen' without any foreshadowing / hints.
3. Revenge plot. MC utterly destroys villain, but villain somehow has another trump card he hasn't used yet and survives just to get help and fights MC again, just to get destroyed once more. Generally quite generic revenge plot. + enemies pop up of nowhere, just to cause unnecessary trouble for MC.
4. Math, physics, chemistry and biology are all over the place, and it goes expecially out the window once he gets his first pet.
5. Lack of suspense. Kinda goes under 'deus ex machina', since when author or MC pulls wins the fight by something he did 'off camera' once (which happens quite often), the suspense in the next fights just dissappears.
6. MC is quite good in the start, but in later chapters he starts underestimating enemies and wastes so much time talking and throwing useless attacks.
It has a good premise and world I guess, but the flat villain / revenge plot and MC that is unpredictable in a bad way just kills it for me. I'll continue reading because of the side characters, but it's going quite slowly...
If you can endure the terrible writing / logic and speed read it, then props to you.
The plot of the novel is new and promising . The writer had got great potential and his works displays this . Although writer upload chapters after a long break , but still overall the novel is good and entertaining.
This novel was an interesting one. The novel wasn't bad, if you ignore the minor plot holes at the beginning, it gets pretty interesting. This novel has many interesting concepts, which is probably the only reason I read it for as long as I did before I dropped it. The MC makes some really weird decisions that for some reason isn't described except for it can be useful but they never explain how (at least before I stopped reading). The plot has so many interesting concepts but it feels very repetitive and after a while I got bored of reading. Usually I would just read through the boring parts, but there were also other factors causing me to drop it. Im sure if I powered through it, I would have a different opinion, but I didn't. I wouldn't recommend reading this, but if you're interested, you should give it a try.
I just started this novel 8 hours ago and haven't been able to put it down. One of the best translation and grammatically correct proficiencies I have seen on WebNovel. Great story and character development. I will definitely be looking to purchase the completed novel so I can read it in its entirety without spending a small fortune. That is, if its not under some janky "no competition" contract the author unwittingly entered into. 😒
I completed the whole novel and I have to say, damn what an amazing roller coaster ride. This is one of the best novels I've ever read and I've read all the famous ones. Unlike most xianxia novels, there wasn't a single moment where the story started to slow down or senseless fighting. Each moment you will be at the edge of your seat anticipating the next part. Such a fun filled adventure, this story really has a lot of twists and humour. Definitely worth a read.
This is Tynan, I am an editor from another platform that focuses on adventurous Genre Fictions. After reading your “The Strongest Gene”, I decided to contact you and if possible, to extend you an invitation on distributing your works. However, there are so little I can talk about it here. If you were interested, please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org
, then I should take opportunity to discuss it with you in detail.
It was a great pleasure to meet your story.
This is tynan, a representative editor from Stary, which owns ℜ𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔡𝔬𝔪 and 𝔇𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪𝔢. I love the idea of your book.So I 'd like to invite you to distribute your work on our platform. A generous offer awaits you.
If you are interested, please contact me via this email: 𝕥𝕪𝕟𝕒𝕟@𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕕𝕠𝕞𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪.𝕔𝕠𝕞
I personally like this novel, the MC has an OP ability but really can’t be left alone by powerful people and event deadlines at first. His brain is also conveniently large sometimes. I suppose this novel can be described in 5 words, judging by the senility of some of these characters:
Old people in this novel typically jump the gun as far as I’ve read, with the exception of the few who are neutral or even help the MC, small or large.
Translation quality is a big EHH sometimes but otherwise very good.
I also have no clue on how to rate “stability of updates” because this is literally a finished novel. Whatever, 4.6 stars why not.
Incredible world background. I really love his luck points and all of his addition powers. Most of them seem useless at first, but when he combination them with his luck point, they turn into cheated powers. The author’s sense of humor can kill a person (I nearly die from the laughter). Extremely recommend.
Why does it cost so much to read??
Like. I just spent over 40 bucks to read 400+ chapters in 2 days. Now.i don't mind spending money on good literature. But I read fast as hell, and have an insatiable appetite when it comes to reading. I estimate that I'd have to spend at least 4-5 hundred just to finish this novel.(probably take me like a week or so)