I'm shameless but in this situation I'm not. Just because it's a system story don't mean it's gonna be cliche.
I always bring new, unique and something fresh to the table. The plot, the characters, scenes, world background, expect all these to be mind-blowing.
I don't like to info dump so you'll have to read more to know about a some things.
Your feedback determines if this is gonna be dropped or continued.
Peace out ✊
Review based on what i have read so far ( chapter 60+)
It's my personal opinion so if you have anything against on what I'm going to say you can write your own review
1. the world background- can't say much since the story is in early stage. So far I like how the author described the world setting, events and characters interaction.
2. pacing of the story- as a reader, personally, i feel like the author did a great job regulating this. It's not so slow where you'll be skipping words for unwanted fillers. It's not so fast where you'll feel like you missed out something. It's the best a reader can ask for, we'll, aside from the cliffhangers.
3. MC's character development- looking at things the way they progressed. His character development is understandable for me, for short i like the way the mc progress. He's a bit edgy at times, it's expected given how he lived his life up to this point. Hoping there will be some progress between him and a certain someone, i will not give a name but she's very likeable.
4. MC's system- there are not much interaction between the mc and the system unlike other novels. It has its own advantages for the mc just like every other mc, but it's not up to the point where i will call it OP. MC still has to do his part to gain something.
5. Characters surrounding the mc- they are not plain to read. They have their own depth and mystery that will make you want to know more about them. Of course, we can't forget about the stepping stones for our mc, some of them are stupid as usual while some are smart and think for themselves when to back out- unlike the stupid ones.
The mc is ruthless and i like it, im not really into naive and goody-two-shoes kind. Realistically speaking, if you look at every great person at the top in our current world despite their different attitudes they all have similarities if you study them. Yes they act and do good things to look good in front of us but is that really there is? No, i think not, they're just good at hiding their worse side from our plain eyes. Every person at the top knew both the black and white of life.
As what Niccolo Machiavelli said "a wise prince should be both fear and love".
So..Here's an honest review............
I have read it till 680 chp.....
Its good and it really got better in middle chapters so dont leave early...
If only its updated more but author just started one more new novel....
If any author writes a single novel and keep his focus to on that novel only..it always ends up good novel.........I hope this one dont get down the hill ..i will really be sad...
Author if you have time why not update this one more....
Amazing novel. Well paced and well written and had many satisfying scenes that I loved. My favourite so far was the scene where the MC slapped the pulp out of girl named Yuhiko and also the humilation faced by her friend Keira. Reminded me of how some women of our times need such treatment to discipline them. Overall very good novel.
(Written at chapter 170, slight spoilers)
The whole bloodline thingy with all the interesting powers is cool, but there are several problems:
— Everyone is stupid aside from the MC (and even he is not that smart), like seriously it seems like all their lives revolve around bullying the MC (and getting beaten up by him), and even in normal situation they are really dumb
— I don't know for sure if Angy is the FL but if she is, at least for now she is just too plain, there is nothing original and interesting about her. I never thought “Oh Angy is back I'm so happy”, it just doesn't make any difference. Her whole life revolves around the MC, everything she does is for him… It's just sad and not interesting.
— MC's behavior is trash. Sure he got his reason for the bullying and all but that doesn't change the fact that he treats like trash even the only people that treat him well.
— The power scaling is confusing, the author never introduced the various power levels (aside from the first two), and even then we don't know how strong they are exactly and how strong they are compared to other people or even races
— Another thing is how a lot of powers are left unexplained for a long time, if they are ever explained. For example the combination of the gravitation power with the energy one, it was never properly explained what exactly the new power was. Also, when he unlocks new things they aren't revealed until they are relevant, and I don't really like that (like the skill Combination)
For the author: 'severally' has a different meaning from 'several times' and 'shone' is different from 'shown'
Ive been reading this since it released, ive never found a reason to come and comment on it or anything especially after i caught up around chapter 300 or so a while back and decided to wait a long while till there were more chapters.
I just now got to the part where gustav decides to spare his younger brother, and i have to say ive never been more disappointed. That one decision managed to kill an entire 400 chapters worth of time and worth the nove had for me.
NOT because of my hatred for gustavs brother himself, but because the entire story is spent preaching how terrible his brother treated him, AND because gustav is peer pressured into making this decision by a bunch of “friends” who basically say “if youre depressed just stop LOL”.
Thats basically what they do. They just end up telling him to forgive his brother because THEY think he should. Why do they think he should? Because they feel bad, because they werent the ones being mistreated for years on end, and in their minds gustav is overreacting.
(The author attempts to play it off as if the MC himself comes to the decision to spare his brother but “keep an eye on him” and if he “steps out of line” he’ll end him, but anyone thats read the story can smell that BS a mile away.)
Not once throughout this story have any of these friends of his opinions mattered MUCH less at such a pivotal point in the story. I am sincerely saddened that I just spent 500 chapters praying on endrics downfall for it all to be for nothing.
😔well anyways thats the end of my rant. I would otherwise 100% recommend this story as I believe its a work of art.
It's good but Angy is very annoying she is like Naruto always with the talk and does not understand that some situations require brutality not to speak. But all good just Angy and some other character but that's nothing.
the character design is very detailed for every characters, the mc is not stupid, and also fro the FL there are a lot of progression, the plot for now is a bit slow but the story is very cool. The world background for now is a bit misterious, the grammar is perfect and there are a few error that are not a big deal.
I have read this novel. It has a good world-building, futuristic theme, pretty interesting storyline, brilliant fighting sense, a good power system, much foreshadowing sense, romance and is not a harem. The characters have good development and are very smart. The MC is Smart, Cold, Cool and very Calculative and had been through great character development
While being a system novel, The Bloodline System is very unique, unlike the many other system novels that resemble each other significantly. The story is fun and exciting, and it gets new chapters everyday. One of my favorite novels.
the thing about this book is that right when you think that you know every thing that is happening when it comes to the strength and you think that the MC is strong enough you end finding you knew nothing
l love this book it's not perfect but I love it. Minor details that some readers could ignore can completely throw me off when reading for example names of characters. So the joy in me as I read this book with diverse character names is beyond compare. One thing I hate when reading is when the world building is not correlating with what is going on in the world and that's why small details like naming matters to me. It's common for a scifi novel where the earth is now one larger empire to have just Chinese or English characters (WHY?) when I am pretty sure the world has more than 200 countries. It won't be bad if the world building explains why there are only Chinese or English people in the world, but these books don't. That is why the cultural diversity of the characters in this book makes me happy.
Another thing I like is how relatable their relationships are. Basically I hope the author keeps this up because this book is Lovely. ☺️☺️☺️
bruh...... I am at a loss of words after reading this novel. it's very well made and has amazing character development and you will just have to read it to fully understand how well made it is and appreciate it.
For referenece, im currently on chapter 89 out of 730ish. I feel like I've read enough to get the general vibe of the novel.
So far, I have a lot of mixed feelings about this novel. I'm going to list my pro's and con's and if I don't drop this I'll come back and update this review.
- Unlike other system novels, the system doesn't baby the protagonist. He has to figure thing out himself for the most part, which is refreshing.
- The bloodline powers are really unique so far and I really like how his initial power was upgraded to something useful but not incredibly op. Hopefully the power scaling for him isn't to crazy and he doesnt bulldoze through everything later on.
- Everyone from his parents to his classmates are cartoonishly evil. It seems like 90% of the characters in this novel are there so protag has a reason to act edgy and think the worlds against him. For example, I can understand his younger brother acting like a brat and cursing him at every moment because hes a child but his mother doing the same makes no sense in my opinion. If author wanted a "cold/abusive" parent making them treat protag like air/ being extremely distant would make more sense. Instead his mother also reads like an annoying brat despite being an adult...Same thing with school mates. It would have been more believable if only the main 3 bullies in the beginning were after him and everyone else was just distant and cold.
- The protag is way to edgy are certain points. For example, I have no idea why he treats FL horribly from the moment they meet. Its not like they have a bad history, he just seems to hate her for no real reason. I couldn't understand why he slams the door in her face on there second or third meeting...You think since everyone else is so aggressively mean to him he would appreciate who ever is nice to him. Author says its for characters development but an explanation on why hes so edgy in these types of situations is needed for this to even be remotely believable.
I just love the evolution of this story and that the first chapter has a sneak peek of what he will become in the future. I can't seem to put it down and while I must wait for additional chapters to be released, it is a must read. I hope that in the future it is published and printed.
I fell in love woth this novel since it had a steady pace development and a somewhat interesting mc. I love the whole idea that his system is one that would have him work his fair share to gain what he wants and a bit rude to the mc.
really really liked the story especially side character development and story events have an impact on all characters i really like what you did to angy (i hope she is FML) to cause her transformation from naive and innocent to whatever she will turn out to be in the future.
all the love from a random reader.
when will he be in a relationship i just wanna know. Also no heartbreak bs if theres romance plz i read that alot with popular novels like supreme magus.
I love the novel btw the developement is soo good
It seems that there hasn't been any new proper reviews recently so I will leave one. First of all the beginning is ridiculously splendid! The parents of Gustav is unrealistically cruel but it is a plus for me. It gives Gustav his cold behavior and need to get stronger. The way he improves is quite nicely written... there is a very clean and cleat character development thought the story. The side characters are also well written especially Angy and E.E. Every character is realistic and has goals in there life which they are not quite obsessed over fulfilling except Gustav because of his system. Alright, lets talk about the system. The system is the pedestal that allowed him to work hard and strike gold. Honestly this is almost the whole story in simple words,
"This is ten percent luck
Twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure
Fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name"
The only complain I have with Gustav is he isn't kind... You can be kind and cold at the same time. Take notes from the system novel that started it all and the system manwha that ended 2 days ago, Solo Leveling. Jin woo is kind but Gustav is not, he is ruthless. I wished Gustav was more kind to people. He is only kind to people who help him. that way of thinking is kind of restricted. But this is my fav WN for sure. If there is anyone who is looking to read a WN I recommend this and you want be disappointed!
Keep up the good work TimVic![img=fp]