The "Wild Plum" tavern, located in the eastern part of Tai Yan, has long been reputed to be one of the most popular establishments of the Clan of the White Snake, where you could taste not only fruit and rice wine, but also wine from osmanthus flowers, as well as honey braga seasoned with spices. All kinds of meat and vegetable dishes were served with drinks, whether it was duck stuffed with green onion feathers, hot and cold noodles, salted tofu and pickled bamboo shoots.
Being practically on the outskirts of Tai Yan, the "Wild Plum", however, didn't lack visitors, and no one, even the most fastidious guest, ever came out of it, being sober. Unimaginable stories were told about wines of the "Wild Plum", and it was said about the viands that even on the table of the Supreme God Ming Yuan Yi, there had never been such skillfully prepared snacks.
On the second floor of the tavern, several neat guest rooms stretched in a row, in one of which, rubbing temples, buzzing with the strength of alcohol, the Demon Lord, infamous in three worlds as the reveller Shi Yu, woke up.
As soon as he opened his eyes, still clouded by a long sleep, Shi Yu immediately closed them again, having, however, managed to notice several strands of dark hair scattered on the bed to his left. Not paying much attention to this, the Demon Lord turned over on his other side, throwing a blanket over his cold shoulders, which, for some reason, turned out to be naked, although yesterday he visited the tavern fully dressed.
– Are you awake yet? – someone asked, and Shi Yu, hearing the sonorous youthful voice, instantly sobered up.
Jumping out of bed, the Demon Lord discovered that his body is now literally covered with only one natural charm, because all the upper and lower clothes mysteriously disappeared somewhere.
The teenager lounging lazily on the bed grinned.
– What's the matter, ge-ge? What is it? – he asked languidly. – Don't tell me you're going to forget last night. You know, I'm not one of those people who can be used and thrown away as unnecessary.
Shi Yu picked up someone else's light gray hanfu from the floor, without looking at it, putting his hands into the sleeves.
– And what do you suggest? – he asked, looking closely at the interlocutor.
There wasn't a single demon in the lower world that could withstand his gaze, but the stranger returned him with an equally intense gaze, after which the corner of his mouth slightly lifted, and Shi Yu thought for a moment that he was grinning.
"He looks about sixteen or seventeen," – he decided. "It doesn't look like he's a God or a demon, but then who is he? A mere mortal who decided to fool me? In this case, you can just buy him off with money."
– What do you want? – Shi Yu calmly repeated, pretending to stretch out his hand for the purse, which, of course, was not on him, as well as the belt. – Call your price.
The boy smiled, and his black eyes turned red, as if he was going to cry immediately.
– I think there's been a misunderstanding between us, – he sobbed, wiping his nose with the back of his hand. – Ge-ge, – the young man slipped out from under the blanket, finding himself opposite Shi Yu, – you gave me your word! Are you really going to give it up after getting your own? he raised his hand, tracing the outline of Shi Yu's collarbones with the tip of his index finger, which were often covered with kiss marks that were already beginning to turn blue.
– What's your name? – Shi Yu took a step back, out of reach of someone else's fingers.
– In He. I'm sure I already talked about it yesterday, ge-ge.
Noticing an earthenware jug and a couple of cups on the table by the window, Shi Yu crossed the room, pouring himself a cold wine that pleasantly binds the tongue.
– I don't recall, – he said, after some thought. – And I don't think there's any need to remember the name of a random lover I'll never see again.
"I hate you," – In He approached Shi Yu from behind, hugging him with both hands, – "get out so I don't see you anymore", – is that how I should have reacted to your words? The young man chuckled, and his left palm slowly walked over the Demon Lord's body, stopping at a very piquant place. – You can't get rid of me that easily, ge-ge. I'm going to cling to you like a burr to a donkey's skin, so don't even think about running away..
Thanks for reading my novel. If you speak English well, you can help me with editing, because the automatic translation from Russian, that I publish - is quite clumsy.