Rebirth was not something that he had thought possible. Perhaps, he had had some vague hopes of reincarnation cycles as the more desirable option to afterlife. But being reborn in what he believed to be a fictional universe had only seemed as the premise of stories.
Waking up to a void of nothing, no light, no body, no feeling, and then being thrown into the midst of what had once seemed a mere fantasy— it was too much.
As an A.I., how much could he change? Could he save Tony? Could he save the world without his sacrifice? Or should he not do anything? What if his existence was the butterfly that would destroy the timeline, and with it, the universe?
Was this even a choice? Was he to play the villain? So the timeline could remain intact?
Could he even do that?
"You doing ok, kid?" Tony asked him.
"I'm fine, Tony, really."
No, no, he couldn't.
Disclaimer: The MCU universe and its characters do not belong to me. I only enjoy playing in this world once in a while.
CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
A/N: Dear readers, here are some things to note or warn about this story:
1. Action, drama, fluff, angst, and family feels - no sex scenes, focus is on the narrative.
2. MC is not a pure Self-Insert, but an OC inserted into an MCU character.
3. MC starts with the android body of a kid. A kid! Wait 100,000 words before even thinking about a relationship, ok? He is an AI and switched later, but this is the situation at the beginning of this story.
4. MC is bi. Relationships with both men and women will happen (in the very far future). Not explicit. Only subplot. Sub. Plot. Romance is in the very back backstage here.
5. Not Harem. Dear god, just no.
6. There will be violence, some gore, trauma, and coarse language.
7. No bashing! Of any characters. But... I am obviously on Team Iron Man, dear readers! And I will punch logic into Steve's head if I have to!
8. I will stick with the MCU movies. Until it naturally devolves into an AU. That means movies post-Endgame and any and all TV shows, or even the X-men verse, are all not considered canon for this fic, and as such, do not exist. Stan Lee's cute cameo appearances are also not considered canon. Some small comics' elements might be there, though. Other changes are just me.
9. Updates are once weekly, on weekend nights. Each chapter will be somewhere around 1000-2000 words.
10. There is an age change for the Maximoff twins. By the Age of Ultron movie, they are 16 years old for this fic. The reasons for that are explained in the spoiler note at the end note of the first chapter.
11. Thank you for reading and enjoy yourself!