Karl always wanted to be a Mage. He was born in the Serion Kingdom, a fully pledged magic Kingdom. Seems like a perfect match, right? Unfortunately, no. He's just a commoner, working endlessly to maintaining the lifestyle of Mages.
On his 15th birthday, his last chance to escape from a miserable life was destroyed when he was deemed to have no magic potential. For thousands of Serion's citizens that would be the end of their dreams. But how could this story be any fun, ending like that?
Follow Karl and his friends while they tried to fight against the Kingdom's oppression. Will the system bend them to submission or will they break the chains of destiny?
Spoiler alert: After thousands of years, an ancient Magic system will be reborn in the small Caiset village.
What should you expect?
- Kingdom Building: For sure! The heavy lifting will come later, I promise! Foundation is important, please be patient;
- Epic battles: A Kingdom is not built without war and conflict. Who doesn't like good fights? Let's bring some excitement to this novel!;
- Multiple leading characters: Karl convinced them to get on the bus, but this is a very long trip and everyone will need to drive a little;
- Scientific Magic System: Especially Alchemy! I'm in no way trying to take the fantasy out of Magic. I just feel like trying to do something more logical;
- World Building: I’m using some basic concepts from traditional Fantasy Worlds and trying to add some nice touches to make it unique;
- Fun?: I'll try to insert some humor into the story, but that’s an experience we will go through together.
Check out my spin-off novels, Merchant Queen and Harbinger of Death. Both are independent but share the same world and can give additional info on worldbuilding and hidden plots.
Don't forget to check the comments section for images (Magic tools, Inventory, ...)